A port of the classic 1968 resource management sim.
This port is adapted from the 1973 BASIC version port.
You must manage the resources of a region of Ancient Sumeria for 10 consecutive years.
You must make 3 decisions per round:
- How much land to buy or sell.
- How much grain (or bushels) to feed your people.
- How many acres of land to plant seed in.
Two Ways To Play
- Easy Mode - Rules Are Explained
- Tough Mode - Rules Must Be Discovered By Trial And Error.
- Original Author (1968) : Doug Dyment
- BASIC Port (1973) : David Ahl (printed in BASIC Computer Games, 1973).
- Adventuron Port (2019) : Chris Ainsley.
- New Graphics (2019) : Steve Horsley
- Mode Seven Font : Andrew Bulhak.
About Hamurabi (Wikipedia):
Code adapted from the BASIC Port by David Ahl:
Video Interview With David Ahl:
1.0.0 - Initial Release - 13th March 2019.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Great adaptation. I like the idea of Hammurabi more than the game itself, since it is so dependent on RNG. I’ve always wanted to find a version that requires more strategy than luck.
Hey, I love the aesthetics of your remake!
Is there a way to download your games (I'm a bit old-fashioned and like my games offline, so I'd really love to download your three games).