There are twelve adversaries to overcome but only TEN items, so even using the "back away slowly" option to avoid the bear leaves you ONE item short to complete the task in hand .. Door (unlock with key), Bear (back away slowly), Dog (throw steak), Tree (prop ladder), Spikes (lay plywood), Mountain (wear gear), Ants (give honey), Vampire (give garlic), Cage (scratch glass with knife, break glass), Tar (press fire extinguisher), Skeleton (give bone), Sickness ( ) ...
Encounter a series of challenges in this illustrated text-based puzzle game.
- The game uses keyboard input.
- Type DROP <<ItemName>> to make the initial sacrifice.
- Type I or INVENTORY to list the articles of sacrifice.
- Type QUIT or RESTART, to restart your journey.
The path is a fantasy game. Particular actions that work in a fantasy context may be dangerous if attempted in real-life.
- Game Design / Programming : @LearnAdventuron
- Title Screen : Robin Grenville Evans
- Artwork : @Rail_slave
- Fonts Used: Lato by tyPoland Lukasz Dziedzic & Clairsys by Paul van der Laan
- 1.0.0 - 13 March 2019 - Initial release.
- 1.0.4 - 14 March 2019 - Bugfix release.
- 1.0.5 - 15 March 2019 - Added some addition responses
- 1.0.8 - 20 March 2019 - Added in a few more responses, and fixed bug with the rug solving a puzzle when the text already stated that it didn't work.
- 1.0.9 - 21 March 2019 - Added lose beeps, text speed options, and automatic help for unwinnable scenarios.
- 1.0.10 - 22 March 2019 - Fixes.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
not sure if i found a bug but when you 'use rug' on the bear the rug is not removed from the inventory. feel free to let me know if you want this comment deleted.
although, I cant see another way past the bear without using any items so im not sure what to do about that...
Ok, now, after a big bunch of tries i know how to pass everything... EXCEPTING THAT FKING CRYSTAL BOX OF THE END... So, lets relax, I've enjoyed a lot your game so, can you give me a clue please?.... I wont be able to sleep if i dont finish this game!
Please be kind ;D
The cage of glass can be solve by:
1) Using the knife or the key to scratch the glass.
2) After scratching the glass, Kick the glass.
If you don't have the knife or the key, then evaluate the places were you already used them, maybe there are different ways to solve those situations? There is a path that will work for every game. The order of encounters is random, but every player always sees the same set of encounters therefore the game is always solvable with the right choices.
ok, thanks :D
I was stuck in the same problem and actually tried the knife, and kicking. Just not in that order I guess. Well I used attempts to "Break glass with knife" and such. Not CUT. You can't CUT glass even with a knife, but I thought about smashing the grip into it... :) Anyway, love the game. I ended up at the big tree with STEAK now ... dang.
Good job with the game, its very cool ;D, but i always get stuck with the skeleton
This game really sucked me in. I like the illustrations, the flexibility of the commands and how there's just enough suggestion of a plot to be interesting and provide motivation without distracting from the game itself. It all suits the genre really well. My only real problem is that I'm stuck. I've gotten as far as I ever have, getting past all the obstacles up to the ants, and I'm left with nothing. From the disclaimer I guess I just have to figure out a way to get past the bear without using an item but I have no idea how. Other than that I only have a few minor quibbles, overall it's a very fun play.
I need help, i tried to pass the bear without using any object, whith your hint but it doesnt work, I don't know what to do. An idea for help me ?
Perhaps an adverb would help?
I tried but my eanglish it isn't very good (i'm from spain) and I attempted to use some adverbs with actions or something else but I don't know what to do now
Perhaps whatever you tried was too fast?
Also, there will be Spanish version of The Path available soon, so I apologise that the current game is very English centric. I only wish my Spanish was as good as your English (for you to play as much as you have of the game).
Hmmm... Im also spanish too XD
You came here for Vicio OMT? (Me yes)
Sickness blocks the path, dont know what to do...